Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
One of the buzzwords you commonly hear when discussing websites is ‘SEO’ which stands for search engine optimization.
To put it simply, SEO is the process of tweaking your web site so it will rank well when searched in the search engines.
The first determination that has to be made is the ‘search words’. You need to determine how you want to be found. For example, if you want to be found by ‘blue eyed birds’ and those words do not appear in your site, you won’t be found. And your search words need to be targeted and relevant. For example, if your business is a bookstore, ‘bookstore’ is too vague. You need to target your audience, such as ‘vintage bookstore in Norman Oklahoma’.
There are over 200 items that are used to rank web sites, some of them being items within the content of the website and others outside the website content.
Items Used to Determine SEO Include:
The Website URL, title, description, headings within the page, and content
- Does your website contain the search words you want to be found by?
- Are the search words located strategically within the website content?
- Is there enough content to be considered substantial?
Is your website well formed?
- Does it load quickly?
- Are there any ‘errors’?
- Or broken links?
Have you used any ‘tricks’ that will now work against you.
- ‘stuffing’ and ‘hiding’ keywords, once tricks for higher rankings, now count against you.
- Buying backlinks, social media shares, or ‘purchasing’ traffic that is not legitimate
Engagement with social media.
- Do you have Facebook, LinkedIn, Google + sites?
- Are these sites active?
- Are they linked to your website?
- Is your site shared using social media?
- How long has your domain been in existence?
- When does your domain expire?
- Do other websites link to yours (backlinks)?
- And if so, are they quality links?
- If you purchase banklinks, this will count against you.
Purchasing ‘ad words’ is a way to get instant search engine rankings
- To set up an ad word campaign, you set up an account with Google
- From there you can research ad words and the estimated value of them
- You set the amount you are willing to pay ‘per click’
As you can see, there is not one ‘silver bullet’ for SEO. We will work with you to come up with a plan that works within your budget Give us a call TODAY at 405.321.0354