Data/ Media/ Tape Conversions
Do you have data that you need to move from one format to another?
Is there data from an old tape that needs to be retrieved? Or do you need to copy the data from old media to a new media for storage and/or compliance?
If you need to have data converted from an IBM i (AS400 iSseries I5), or Mainframe, we can help!
Do you have data that needs to be converted into a format you can process?
Is there evidence for litigation from old media that needs to be retrieved?
Do you need assistance in converting data received in .x12 edi format?
Each conversion we perform is to your specifications, so you will get the results that you need to get the job done.
Data Design Inc conversion services include:
- We specialize in converting and extracting data from IBM midrange computers, including the IBM i (AS400 iSeries I5), and IBM mainframes.
- Extracting and converting data for litigation or court orders.
- System migrations and conversions.
- Extracting data from magnetic media to CD or DVD for archival and/or compliance purposes.
Options to format the data include
Data/ Media/ Tape Conversion Examples
Data Design Inc specializes in extracting and/or converting data from legacy tapes produced on IBM mainframes and the IBM midrange series, including the AS/400, Iseries, I5, and System 36 into a readable format.
Data from IBM midrange and mainframe computers usually comes in EBCDIC instead of ASCII. But often data is stored with packed numeric amounts and/or data files have combined record types. A straight EBCDIC to ASCII conversion will not convert packed data.
Data Design Inc will analyze your data and convert the packed numeric amounts into data that can be used. In addition, if necessary we can convert multiple record types into separate databases that can be used by standard P/C applications.
Since we have the background and experience to convert your IBM i (AS400 iSeries I5) midrange or mainframe data, you should get the results you require.
Examples of conversions:
The Data You Have Looks Like This:
And You Need the Data Migrated to This:
You Were Given Tapes That Look Like This:
And You Need The Media Converted to This:
Or this: Or this:
Projects we have performed media conversions and data extractions include:
- Analysis and conversion of tapes and data for litigation.
- Obtaining data from Medicare records for hospitals
- Conversion of earthquake/seismic data
- Extract old software programs
- Extracting data for system conversions
- Converting tax data tapes for public records reporting agencies
- Extracting trade accounts receivable data for credit reporting agencies
- Conversion of tapes and media for credit card factoring
- Extraction of media for mailing lists
- Conversion of voting record data
Tape/ Media Converted Include:
- Tape 9 track, 1/2 inch reel. 1600 or 6250 BPI
- 3480, 3490, and 3490E tape cartridge.
- 1/4 inch cartridge tape. (QIC)
- 6150 QIC Cartridge
- 6525 QIC Cartridge
- 1.2GB Magnus QIC Data Tape Cartridge
- 2.5GB Magnus QIC Data Tape Cartridge
- SLR60 30/60GB Data Cartridge
Media commonly converted to:
- Data sent electronically via FTP
- Data sent electronically via email
- USB / flash / thumb drive
Items that Determine the Charge are:
- Amount of data
- Number of files
- How was the data written? For example, is i in a text type format, or was it written by the system operating system
- What format the data is converted to.
- If the date is converted from EBCDIC to ASCII, if any of the data packed or binary? If this in not dealt with, the converted data will not be usable.
Tape/Media Conversions for Litigation and Compliance
Litigation often involves evidence that is received that was created on legacy tapes and/or in a format where assistance is necessary to convert the media to a format that can be analyzed and presented as evidence..
Or do you need to move data from tape and/or media that will deteriorate to CD’s or DVDs for archival/compliance purposes?
When data or media is converted to be used as evidence, great care must be taken to be sure the data is converted accurately and correctly.
Data Design has performed multiple tape conversions for litigation to extract legacy data and convert the media into a format to be analyzed and presented for trial. And in some cases Data Design was able to interpret and convert the data that even the opposing party (that supplied the data) was not able to figure out
Give us a call at 405.321.0354 or drop us an email at email@example.com for more information!
To Who it May Concern:
I have been practicing law for over thirty years, almost exclusively in oil & gas trial litigation. In several different cases, we have obtained voluminous amounts of data, from the opposing side, stored on old magnetic reel-to-reel tapes and other similar formats.
Nina Jones with Data Design was able to extract the exact data we were looking for and furnish it back to us in useable formats, such as Excel or Access. Each time, the opposing attorneys were shocked to see what Data Design had been able to do. In fact, we had more information than the opposing attorneys knew was contained within the data.
The end result was that we had more thorough information than the company itself had been able to obtain from the tapes, which led to a successful conclusion in these cases. I could not imagine anyone being more capable than Nina Jones and Data Design for this type of work. They have my highest recommendation.